Monday, 7 October 2013

New Bakery

I did go to the new bakery in town.

shiny new bakery run by Turks from Prizren in south Kosovo

And there weren't any finger buns or vanilla slices.  But there were these enormous croissants.  Which weren't too bad actually.



I polished one off while I was listening to my lecture recording (needed a sugar hit to get through) and washed it down with a cup of decaf coffee - gifted to me by Kelly when she was visiting.

Actually, that single jar of coffee - organic and brought back from Kelly's trip to Greece - is probably the best gift that anyone has given me during this pregnancy.  I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I started really fanging for a cup in the second trimester, probably mostly because I knew I wasn't supposed to have it.  And although it doesn't deliver a caffeine hit, and in fact after drinking a cup I usually feel like having a nap because it is so warm and comforting, it does well to stave off coffee cravings when they do pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment