Thursday, 15 August 2013

Cherry Cheer!

Going back a few months now, it was cherry season in Kosovo!

My pregnancy-driven hunger saw me taking food photos even before I started this blog, so I might dump a few of the older pics up here too.

People bring their fresh produce from their small farms and sell it on the streets.  There was a guy who set up on the same corner near all the mobile phone hawkers every day for about a month.  He had a set of scales so you could just grab a handful, weigh, pay and go.





We've also had strawberry season and now we're on to stone fruits.  I bought some delicious peaches from a street fruit lady the other day and baked them in the oven, drizzled them with honey and ate them with a dollop of mascarpone.  So good!




This is what I made with the cherries - a cherry clafoutis.  It was pretty good too, if I do say so myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment